Friday 17 July 2015

Expressions - some Pictures

Having helped to facilitate the delivery of training services to staff who provide services to disabled persons on behalf of a local authority in a previous career I am very sensitive to such persons rights, dignity and needs. It is for that reason that I wanted to support Expressions. This was an evening of performances by dance groups consisting of or including adults, children and young persons with learning difficulties and other disabilities which was hosted by Northern Ballet. The event was free but I think there should have been an entrance fee as each and every one of the long performances was entertaining, enjoyable and well choreographed. .

Jane my business partner has already described the event and the individual performances which we shared in Expressions 26 July 2015.

After the show I received the following photographs of A Moving Stillness by Northern Ballet's Ability group. The dancers in that performance were Damien Dixon. Leanne Hazelgrove, Emily Kent, Paul Lidgard, Tessa Lightower and Louise Palin.
Pictures taken by Lauren Godfrey





My thanks to Northern Ballet for the pictures and my congratulations to everyone who took part in the show. I hope to see them all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment